1. Air your mattress
All SleepSpa beds are made to order with fresh materials. It may take a short period of time for your new bed smell to dissipate after removing the packaging. After removing the packaging, stand your mattress on its side to air for a number of hours in a well ventilated room and regularly air your mattress to prolong its lifespan.
2. Breaking in the bed
As with a new pair of shoes, you will take time to adapt to your new bed. Please allow up to 2 weeks to adapt to your new bed.
3. Fit an underblanket
To protect your mattress from body moisture and allergen ingress, fit an undersheet between the bed linen and the mattress
4. Turn the mattress
Except for turn free, your mattress should be regularly rotated to ensure that filling materials do not settle over time. Regularly rotate turn free mattresses for the same reasons. Rotate top to bottom once a month for the first three months, and thereafter every three months.
5. Fitting castors
Gently tap home with a mallet or hammer which is turned sideways on. Use “u clips” or connector links to connect bases which come in two halves.
6. Correct use of mattress
Ensure sufficient access especially for super-king sizes and during installation ensure that there is no bending, twisting or folding of the mattress in order to force it as this will damage the interior. Avoid activity that this product was not designed for, such as jumping on, working upon, bending or folding the mattress. Excessive strain may damage the component parts beyond repair.
7. Drawer options
Do not overload or store heavy items inside storage drawers. This may damage drawers beyond repair.
8. Prevent stains
If you have particular concerns, we advise that you deploy a waterproof sheet on the mattress. Mattress tickings cannot be guaranteed completely colourfast. Mattress protectors are also advised to keep the mattress clean and safe.
We recommend that you always put a new SleepSpa mattress on a new SleepSpa base. Placing a new mattress on an old base may strain the new mattress and reduce its useful lifespan. If using a slatted base, ensure that gaps between slats are not wider than 3 inches.
YOUR KAYMED WARRANTY
The unique construction of Kaymed beds has earned a first class reputation for the product worldwide as well as allowing the company to offer a unique service warranty to purchasers of this quality product. kaymed will repair or replace a bed (mattress or base) bearing their name if it should prove defective within the terms of the warranty subject to the conditions below.
In the unlikely event that you feel your bed has a manufacturing fault please contact the retailer from whom it was purchased, producing this warranty card together with proof of purchase (purchase receipt). An inspection of the product will be arranged at your convenience to determine if there is a genuine fault and to advance appropriate action.
Should a recognised manufacturing or materials fault occur within two years from the date of manufacture Kaymed will, at its discretion repair or replace the product free of charge.
If service is required during subsequent years, up to a maximum of 8 years, any repair or replacement will be made, at Kaymed’s discretion, at a charge of 1/8th of the current price multiplied by the number of years the product has been owned (sliding scale).
In all such cases a contribution towards transportation cost will also be applied. Kaymed does not accept responsibility for consequential damage.
Your warranty does not apply where the defects are due to:
- Abuse, misuse, or general wear and tear
- Any causes other than faulty manufacture or materials
- Where the product is soiled or in an unsanitary condition
- Where the Customer Care hints overleaf have not been applied
- Where the mattress has been used with an old or unsuitable base or foundation
- Where the product has been purchased as an ‘ex floor model’ or ‘clearance model’ a more limited warranty will apply
- Body impression is considered normal on new luxury mattresses and does not constitute a manufacturing fault
- Perceived level of comfort is largely subjective and is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Incorrect or faulty installation (ie bending, folding, or twisting in transit or to gain access) or accidental damage.
- When repairing or replacing items under this warranty, Kaymed reserves the right to substitute materials, tickings or models of similar quality if those originally used are no longer available. We also reserve the right to alter and upgrade specifications over the years in line with industry developments.
- Nothing in this Warranty shall Be deemed to affect your statutory rights.